3. Analyzing the system
Once all assets are connected to a strategy it is essential to be able monitor it in real-time. IoT is critical for this. Assets are now continously monitored instead of periodically. Also, it decreases the workload for scarce tecnical personnel and reduces CO2 emissions from avoided inspections.
Real-time insights gives the possibility to have 24/7 insights into the following questions:
- Is the required asset availability achieved?
- Are there unexpected outages?
- Is the (manual) maintenance schedule being carried out on time?
- Which subset of assets are showing the highest deviation from expectations?
- Which asset do we expect to fail in the future?
Depending on the size of a company specific monitoring dashboards can be used for each role.